What does this all mean?
Budgets – $60b-$80b by the end of the decade indicates a paradigm shift from traditional media to digital.
DR Vs. Branding – At least ½ will be spent on DR… but now a sizeable amount is dedicated to branding.
Clutter, Lots of Clutter – Bigger budgets means more competition. It’s going to be difficult to stand out and differentiate one brand from another.
So how do we break through the clutter?
Creative Creative – Good creative will always prevail
Creative Media – Put your creative in front of the correct audience
Premium media – Get greater reach with premium media spots
Roadblocking – Eliminate all distractions; own the page!
Breaking Through the Clutter - The ingredients of a Good Roadblock:
- Product Release Proximity - High Impact
- Short and Precise Time Window – Surgical strikes
- Cross Media Buy – Own a page, section or site
- Synchronized Creative Execution – 1 + 1 = 3; the sum is greater than its parts
- Smooth Production Process – Seek a solution where both units can be proofed together
- Real Time Monitoring – Time is the essence, Roadblocks often run only a day, making real time reporting critical
No Competition = No Clutter
Examples of good Roadblocks: